November 27, 2006

softhearted no more

i am sad to announce that my soft unguarded heart has been broken again.

resolution: i must build a battlement to protect it.

so say goodbye to the all-loving, trusting, forgive-and-forgetting, i-love-you-forever-no-matter-what person you know me to be.

enter steel. no longer will i freely give love. i will demand profits. i will work you to the core.

i have often said that the world is too harsh a place for my soft heart. but now i realize that the opposite is true. my unconditional, steadfast love is too sweet for this world. now i'm reserving it only for myself.

2 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger LauraH said...

Aw, Sara, I am so sorry. Please don't let this change you. You know that your sweet heart is what makes us love you so much! Any person who doesnt' treat you with the complete adoration that you deserve isn't the right person for you. I know that it's small comfort now, but you were WAY, WAY too good for him. We love you, and if you feel like talking, give me a call.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger psmee said...

thanks la.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home