June 21, 2007

first day of summer feels like spring

yesterday was one of those days. it was supposed to be good because my boyfriend, who is a teacher and is finally out of school for the summer, came to see my office and met my coworkers and we went on a tour of the Supreme Court and enjoyed a private question-and-answer with the Court's longtime (now-retired) clerk. while the office visit and Court tour went well, our lunch conversation was intense and left me distracted and sad. a raging blister left me unable to go on a much-needed run and i spent the evening on my couch feeling sorry for myself watching veronica mars season one. i fell asleep with a book on my face at 9:30, missing the new topchef i'd been looking forward to (not that that's a tragedy since bravo replays episodes until we all have them memorized).

but today i woke up to stunning spring-flavored weather- it was 60 degrees when i took my dog for her walk. it's her birthday today! she's four. i arrived at work to a sweet email from my grandmother, an equally sweet email from my boyfriend (exclaiming the joys of unprocessed sugar and his desire to get into cheesemaking), and an email from my boss telling us to take off early today and tomorrow and enjoy the summer. my coworker and i are wearing the same exact shirt and have been getting laughs all morning. we are going to walk to the farmer's market on our lunch break and i will pick up some cave-aged cheddar that i've been craving. my vegetable box arrives today (what the hell am i going to do with the beets?) and tonight we are going to grill out and take the dog to petsmart for her birthday. i also hope we can get in a bikeride in this gorgeous weather.

that said, here's the quote of the day:

"It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day to day basis."
-Margaret Bonnano

happy first day of summer.

3 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

like night and day... so glad you've got this amazing day to enjoy!

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

veronica mars! so good!

i went to the farmers market last saturday and got a bag or green tomatoes and a bag of tiny new potatoes for 47 cents! amazing.

its like 95 degrees here. icky.

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, I just want to say hi. Hope you remember me. We went to Macchu Picchu together back in 2003.

Am very proud of what you are doing. Read the feature in National Geographic.

My e-mail is veenarat@nationchannel.com

Have fun,
Pei Veenarat, Thailand

 

Post a Comment

<< Home