August 21, 2007

exit isolationist

boats like candy

my weekend marinating was a success! this picture is one of several i took during my saturday bike ride from my apartment in capitol hill to alexandria and back, along the mount vernon trail. it was ideal weather for a bike ride and i had a wonderful time. who knew that spending an entire saturday alone on a bike could be so satisfying? and on sunday, emma and i did an "urban hike" from my apartment up to dupont circle (where we ate, drank beers, and shopped), and then back to metro center. it always makes me happy to get out and live. next month, i am moving to a new apartment that's a bit out of the city, so i am especially glad that i spent my weekend soaking in the experience of living in the district. i also even did some writing. real writing, though it was only about 18 sentences.

it was a great weekend and i am ready to be social again! and i'm especially ready to see my boyfriend (who was in boston this past weekend for an engagement party).

1 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

jelly beans!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home