March 6, 2007

top ten ingredients

i often say that a particular food item is on my list of "top ten" favorite foods. and equally as often, i eat a bite of my dish at a restaurant and declare that it's the best food i've ever had. yes, i know that i tend to exaggerate about my favorite things, especially food. so i thought i would make a concrete list of top ten favorite foods at this moment in time, march 6, 2007 at 4:04 p.m., just so that i would know when i was officially eating one of my favorite foods. as i was composing my list, i realized that the topic was way too broad. there are so many different categories of favorite foods: favorite sandwiches, for example. then, you get into whether you want to list favorite generic sandwiches (grilled cheese with tomato) or sandwiches from particular places (chicken cuban sandwich from caliente cab). the lists that i could make up are practically limitless! so today's list is going to be top ten favorite ingredients. i thought i would start with an easy one. this means the food item must be an ingredient (peanut butter counts because in its purest form it is one ingredient and recipes can sometimes call for "peanut butter") and it should not be a food item associated with a particular brand or restaurant. okay, here goes. these are not in any particular order. or maybe they are.

my top ten ingredients of the moment

1 crunchy peanut butter
2 green olives
3 salt
4 shrimp
5 edamame
6 feta cheese
7 artichoke hearts
8 broccoli
9 flank steak
10 bananas

i'm going to go make a pizza topped with all ten ingredients!

4 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger jd said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger jd said...

Okay, let me try this again...

My current top ten ingredients:

Chile powder
Seitan
Nutritional yeast
Ranier cherries
Broccoli
Edamame
Black beans
Tamari
Sour dill pickles
Green olives

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger psmee said...

mmm, we have lots of tastes in common! i actually had soy sauce AND black beans on my list originally, too! i am going to go look up seitan as i have never ever heard of it!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger jd said...

I buy this stuff pretty often:

www.tofutown.net/index.php?id=93

...but also have some good recipes for homemade seitan, if you're interested. Lemme know.

(Oh, and I have to confess that I misspelled RAINIER cherries. Sorry; I'm a nerd about those kinda things.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home