January 1, 2007

new years reflections

this morning i woke up in a strange bed and it was a very good thing. for breakfast, i had the most delicious bacon and cheddar scone and a coffee (footnote: it was starbucks, but i didn't know it until they handed me my cup. i can't be blamed for that. it admittedly was delicious coffee and i had three hours of sleep last night so i drank it.) it was a drizzly gray day here in dc, but even so, i was amazed at the beauty of my new city as i rode back to my apartment. i spent most of the day on the couch watching football and importing cds into my new ipod. i made cheddar beer soup, napped, and received a call telling me not to report to work tomorrow in honor of the passing of ford. yessss!
so ok. i'm rested and recovered and ready to give some freestyle reflections on 2006.
it was a long year for me. seems ages ago that i was in charlotte eating lobster tails last new year's eve. i think i cried more in 2006 than i have ever cried in all of the other years combined, as many of you know (and thank you for enduring me). i attended several breathtaking weddings and threw two bachelorette parties, i had one bad breakup and finally (yes, finally!) got over my first love, i got a tattoo, i moved away from georgia.
i am still standing.
in fact, i am smiling. i am thrilled about 2007. i will be turning 30. i am living in one of the most beautiful and exciting cities on earth. i love my job. i have health and optimism and i have stopped crying, sometimes to my own dismay and astonishment. finally, i can't wait to see what matthew stafford does in 2007. (he's too young for me, right? did you see that david greene-esque play fake on saturday? i almost died).
happy new year everyone! love love love.

and this just made me really happy.

1 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger caddy said...

he may be too young, but if i get that job in athens, he will be mine! or maybe i will finally get billy bennett to notice me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home