March 20, 2007

robin hood, prince of thieves

i love this movie. LOVE IT. i recently rented it and found myself rewinding scene after scene just to see it one more time. i also found myself scribbling down quotes as i watched. here are the highlights:

"You whine like a mule. You are still alive."

"Did you believe the charges?"
"Not even when they took my eyes."

"I will not rest until my father is avenged."

"Either we take our chances with the ghosts or become ghosts ourselves."

"Locksley, I'm going to cut your heart out with a spoon."
"Then it begins."

"Now sew. And keep the stitches small."

"Tell the sheriff for every harm he does to those people, I will visit it upon him tenfold."

"Just a minute. Robin Hood steals money from my pocket, forcing me to hurt the public... and they love him for it?"

"...and call off Christmas!"

"Do you yield?"
"I'd rather roast in hell."

"Well at least I didn't use a spoon."

"Do you mind, Locksley? We've just been married."

and my absolute favorite:

"What I want to know, brother, is are you going to stay with us, and finish what you've started?"

if you haven't seen this movie, you must. alan rickman gives the best villain performance of all time and kevin costner is watchable, i promise. bryan adams is far from prominent.

2 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

THEN IT BEGINS!

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you might just be the cutest blogger ever! -carly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home