April 11, 2007

ten of my favorite restaurants

just straight from the top of my head, in no particular order.

1- the grit (athens, ga)
2- athens sushi bar (athens, ga)
3- agnes and muriels (atlanta, ga)
4- the salty iguana (prairie village, ks)
5- the highland tap (atlanta, ga)
6- bagelicious (marietta, ga)
7- matchbox (washington, dc)
8- la loma (washington, dc)
9- the majestic steakhouse (kansas city, mo)
10- east west bistro (athens, ga)

these all have in common, of course, really, really good food. but there's actually something more. in each of these restaurants, i have made a memory. in many of those restaurants, i have made several lasting memories. to me, these places are more than just places i like to eat. they are connected with people i love (and have loved). they are places where i have shared bottles of wine with girlfriends when we couldn't afford it (east-west) or told my mom that i was going to law school (bagelicious) or surprised my dad on his 55th birthday (the majestic). these are my spots, our spots.

what are your spots and why?

3 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started writing but there are too many ... check my blog later.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger jd said...

My list was so long, I just posted it on my blog. :)

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

i'm so going to devise a list! thanks for the inspiration!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home